Flea & Tick Control In McAllen
Fleas and ticks are not just a problem that our furry best friends have to deal with. While they tend to impact furry animals to a greater degree, fleas and ticks can be a huge problem for any home or business. These tiny insects are parasites, feasting on the blood of a host that they access by biting skin surface. While this results in itchy bug bites and rashes, the problem only gets worse when these insects reproduce and spread, becoming a problem without relief in virtually every area of your home.
If you’ve got a problem with fleas and ticks hiding in upholstery, carpeting, bedding, and other fabrics, you need Atlas Pest Control’s proven McAllen flea and tick control services. We know how serious a flea infestation can be and how much of a pain they can be to remove thoroughly and completely. We offer professional experience dealing with a wide variety of flea and tick problems as well as premium products that have been proven to work in a wide variety of different environments.
Dealing with fleas is more than just a simple “spray and pray” approach. Thanks to their small size and powerful jumping legs, flea infestations can spread quickly. This mobility and invisibility also makes flea control difficult. Most flea remediation plans are a multi-step process that includes careful cleaning, repeated treatment, and extra precautions in order to limit the spread, inhibit flea growth, and eventually exterminate the population throughout your property. While we take care of the heavy lifting when it comes to treatments, your plan should include extra care and cleaning guidance that you should follow.
Removing fleas includes:
- Identifying hosts: Do you have any furry pets, including a dog, cat, rabbit, rodent, or other animal that may spend time outside? Chances are they’re what brought the fleas inside in the first place. Stray animals like racoons, possums, or feral cats can also bring fleas with them.
- Vet visit: Your vet will likely be able to prescribe a more thorough flea regimen for your pet. Call your vet and ask if they have any advice before bringing your animal in—you don’t want to spread the flea problem to their office and other animals that might be there.
- Regular treatments: Different chemical inhibitors are designed to target fleas at different stages of their life, stopping the growth cycle until they eventually die off. We offer these treatments at strategic intervals and treat your home’s most vulnerable areas.
- Thorough cleaning: You will want to regularly clean any impacted areas multiple times a week throughout this process. That means vacuuming carpets, cleaning upholstery, washing laundry, and changing and washing all bedding.
Once your treatment plan comes to an end, our technician will return to your property to conduct an inspection and see if there are any signs of any residual fleas that may still be around. If so, they can once again treat the affected area in order to fully eliminate the issue. However, do not back away from your cleaning regimen until your pest control expert says the job is done.
- Available 24/7 for Emergencies
- We Specialize in Older Homes
- Same Day Appointments
- Easy, Fast, Online Booking
While fleas are known more so for their ability to make our furry friends miserable with their painful bites, ticks are major disease carriers that cause painful bites and can even cause infections if they are not removed properly. Ticks tend to live in overgrown areas outdoors and tend to attach themselves to a host by burying their head into the host’s skin. In addition to being painful, these bites can also cause disease, including Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and more.
Atlas Pest Control offers comprehensive tick control for both indoor and outdoor environments. If your furry friend has suffered from tick bites or you have discovered a tick living somewhere in your home, give us a call for effective remediation treatments.
Protect Your Pets and Family from Fleas and Ticks
Fleas and ticks can not only be a nuisance but also pose a threat to the health of your pets and family. Our flea and tick control services are designed to effectively eliminate these pests from your home and yard, providing a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.
Our comprehensive flea and tick control program includes:
- Thorough inspection of your property to identify infested areas
- Targeted treatment to eliminate fleas and ticks at all life stages
- Preventative measures to reduce the risk of future infestations
- Safe and pet-friendly products to protect your furry friends
Don't let fleas and ticks take over your home. Contact our Alton pest control experts today to schedule a flea and tick control service and enjoy peace of mind knowing your pets and family are protected.
Contact Atlas Pest Control today and let us help you with your urgent flea and tick problems.