Ant Control in Mission, TX
Effective Ant Extermination in the Rio Grande Valley
Ants are one of the most common pests in the United States. They are social insects that live in large colonies and are found in every state. Ants are attracted to food and water, so they are often found in kitchens and bathrooms.
They can also be found in other areas of the home, such as basements, attics, and crawl spaces. Ants can be a nuisance, but they can also cause damage to your home. They can contaminate food, destroy property, and even bite or sting. If you have an ant problem, it is important to take action right away to prevent further damage.
At Atlas Pest Control LLC, we offer professional ant control in Mission and the surrounding areas. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in the latest ant control methods. We use safe and effective products to eliminate ants and prevent them from coming back. Whether you have a small ant problem or a large infestation, we can help. We offer one-time ant treatments as well as ongoing pest control services to keep your home ant-free all year long.
Call (956) 253-7920 or contact us online to schedule an ant control service in Mission or the surrounding areas.
Types of Ants in the Rio Grande Valley
There are many different species of ants in the Rio Grande Valley. Some of the most common types of ants in our area include:
- Fire ants - Fire ants are small, reddish-brown ants that are known for their painful stings. They are aggressive and will attack anything that disturbs their nest. Fire ants are most active during the summer months and are often found in lawns and gardens.
- Carpenter ants - Carpenter ants are large, black ants that are known for their ability to damage wood. They do not eat wood, but they will tunnel through it to create nests. Carpenter ants are most active during the spring and summer months and are often found in homes with moisture problems.
- Pharaoh ants - Pharaoh ants are small, light brown ants that are known for their ability to infest homes and other buildings. They are most active during the summer months and are often found in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Odorous house ants - Odorous house ants are small, dark brown ants that are known for their strong, rotten coconut smell. They are most active during the spring and summer months and are often found in kitchens and bathrooms.
There are many other species of ants in the Rio Grande Valley, including pavement ants, Argentine ants, and acrobat ants. If you have an ant problem, it is important to identify the species of ant so that you can choose the most effective treatment method.
How to Prevent Ants
Ants are attracted to food and water, so the best way to prevent ants is to keep your home clean and free of crumbs and spills. Here are some tips to help you prevent ants:
- Keep your kitchen clean - Wipe down your countertops and sweep your floors regularly to remove crumbs and spills. Store food in airtight containers and keep your trash cans sealed.
- Don't leave dirty dishes in the sink - Wash your dishes right away and don't leave them in the sink overnight. Ants are attracted to dirty dishes and will come into your home to find food.
- Seal cracks and crevices - Ants can enter your home through even the tiniest cracks and crevices. Seal any cracks or crevices in your walls, floors, and foundation to keep ants out.
- Fix leaky pipes and faucets - Ants are attracted to water, so fix any leaky pipes or faucets in your home. Keep your sinks and tubs dry and don't leave standing water in your home.
- Trim your trees and shrubs - Ants can use trees and shrubs to get into your home. Trim your trees and shrubs so that they don't touch your home.
Call (956) 253-7920 today to schedule an ant control service in Mission or the surrounding areas.
- Available 24/7 for Emergencies
- We Specialize in Older Homes
- Same Day Appointments
- Easy, Fast, Online Booking
Pest Specialists With Honesty & Integrity
Family Owned & Operated